How to Prep Your Office Technology for Hurricane Season
It’s about that time in the Florida Panhandle…and Data Revolution is here to help!
Severe weather conditions are not foreign to business owners in Pensacola, Navarre, Gulf Breeze, Perdido Key, Cantonment, or Pace. Having a plan for your office technology during hurricane season is important. Data Revolution is always available for emergency support outside of business hours, but we’d like to help you plan in advance for the unknown.
- Raise all technology from hard drives to multi-plug extension cords off the floor if your office or building is susceptible to flooding.
- Have a severe weather plan for your staff. Monitor all weather patterns and movement and be sure to communicate to your team the evacuation routes and how business will operate during a storm.
- Route calls forward as needed to your cell phone or set up a remote voicemail system you can call into and listen to messages.
- Update your social media platforms of internet or phone outages so they have a way of contacting you in an emergency.
- If your business runs on WiFi, have a backup plan to use hotspots as needed.
- Do you have a data backup plan in case of a crash? Evaluate your current recovery plan and call Data Revolution if you need help setting one up. Note: if you have Data Revolution Backup service you have nothing to worry about.
- If your employees need to work from home, set up a remote desktop so they can access files and everything they need without going into the office.
- Unplug all devices and shut down computers so surges don’t affect them.
We’re here to help! Business technology is Mission Critical, and Data Revolution takes that very seriously for all our clients. We have a unique position on how to take care of you, and it shows in everything we do. We believe in being dependably responsive, controlling technology costs, and having a single point of contact for issues.
Give us a call at (850) 972-9972 to learn more about how we can help you get all your technology solutions set up for you and your staff.